The module provides the student with opportunity to utilize advanced knowledge, skills and appropriate attitudes related to midwifery practice to enable them critically analyze nursing/midwifery practice to ensure quality improvement based on current research findings. In addition, students will develop skills to appraise professional performance and explore quality improvement strategies and initiatives.
Upon completion of this module learners shall be able to:
- examine the process of role development of the advanced practice midwife;
- analyse roles and competencies of an advanced practice midwife;
- discuss evidence-based practice and its value for advanced midwifery practice;
- develop valid and reliable performance measures for advanced midwifery practice;
- analyse the quality of midwifery services to meet changing needs and demands of the profession and client population;
- identify resource management initiatives that can be adapted for improving the quality of care in advanced midwifery practice.