OVERVIEW OF THE MODULE
The programme equips the learner with advanced knowledge and understanding of philosophy, principles, concepts and evidence base of advancing nursing practice. It allows the learner to develop a critical understanding and synthesis of the concepts underpinning the advancement of practice. Emphasis is placed on analysing current issues essential for the advancement of nursing practice.
MODULE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this module, learners shall be able to:
• Conceptualise advancement of practice as a concept.
• Understand the significance of advanced practice for achieving excellence in patient care.
• Explore how excellence is promoted through advanced application and promotion of knowledge in practice.
• Develop advanced clinical decision making and reflective skills.
• Explore creative ways of utilising research in practice.