The module provides in-depth knowledge of community midwifery and neonatal care. Emphasis is placed on the students’ ability to analyze environmental, socio cultural, political and economical determinants of maternal and neonatal outcomes and implement strategies for improving maternal and neonatal care within the community.
Upon completion of this module learners shall be able to:
- analyze environmental, socio-cultural, political and economical determinants of maternal and neonatal health in the community;
- evaluate international and national initiatives in midwifery that address maternal and neonatal care at community level;
- evaluate current trends and issues in community midwifery and neonatal care;
- analyze policies, protocols, guidelines and standards influencing community midwifery and neonatal care;
- evaluate models of community midwifery and neonatal care;
- Evaluate the process of community mobilization and participation in the delivery of maternal and neonatal care.