The module is designed to assist learners to critically analyze SRH issues surrounding men and women. Emphasis is placed on social-cultural, economic, environmental, behavioral and political factors that affect men’s and women’s fertility and reproductive health. The reproductive health topics addressed include: contraception, abortion, reproductive cancers, menopause, sexuality, abnormal menstrual bleeding and infertility.
- Discuss the determinants of women’s and men’s SRH
- Analyze policies, protocols, guidelines and standards influencing women’s and men’s sexual and reproductive health
- Evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the existing SRH services
- Analyze the physiological, psychological and social cultural factors that occur during the various age groups and their effect on Reproductive Health
- Identify the common reproductive health problems for various age groups
- Develop strategies to improve quality of SRH services