Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post.
|Position||Lecturer in Community Health Nursing|
|Location||Initially at Kamuzu College of Nursing campuses in Blantyre but the incumbent maybe posted to any of KCN campuses in Lilongwe or Blantyre.|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Academic staff salary structure.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract :Two years contract renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of a vacancy and satisfactory performance|
Reporting to the Head of Community Health Nursing Department, the main purpose of the job is to enhance student knowledge and skills in community health nursing through teaching, research and publication.
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post:
- Teaching students
- Planning, administering and processing students assessments
- Supervising students in clinical areas, students projects and dissertations and similar works
- Conducting community outreach activities in line with the curriculum and community needs
- Executing administrative duties assigned by the offices of the Principal, the Dean of Faculty of Nursing or Head of Department
- Conducting research, consultancy and publishing in relevant areas.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must have at least a Master of Science degree in Community Health Nursing or Nursing with an orientation to community health nursing.
- They must have a strong (Distinction or credit) Bachelor’s degree.
- They must have at least three years of practical experience in community health nursing and be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- Those with teaching experience at an institution of higher learning shall have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th January, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be
contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.