Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post
|Position||Lecturer in Medical-Surgical Nursing (Child Health)|
|Location||Initially at Kamuzu College of Nursing campuses in Blantyre but the incumbent maybe posted to any of KCN campuses in Lilongwe or Blantyre|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Academic staff salary structure.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract :Two years contract renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of a vacancy and satisfactory performance|
Reporting to the Head of Medical-Surgical Nursing Department, the main purpose of the job is to enhance student knowledge and skills in Medical-Surgical nursing through teaching, research and publication.
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post
- Teaching students
- Planning, administering and processing students assessments
- Supervising students in clinical areas, students projects and dissertations and similar works
- Conducting community outreach activities in line with the curriculum and community needs
- Executing administrative duties assigned by the offices of the Principal, the Dean of Faculty of Nursing or Head of Department
- Conducting research, consultancy and publishing in relevant areas.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must have at least a Master of Science degree in Nursing or Adult Health Nursing or
Child Health Nursing with a strong first degree (Credit or distinction)
- At least three years bedside experience as a nurse and be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- Those with experience in clinical or classroom teaching in an institution of higher learning will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th January, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.