Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post:
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing campuses. Initially the incumbent will be posted to Blantyre. Candidate may be posted from one campus to the other due to the exigencies of duty.|
|Type||Probation leading to permanent appointment on successful completion of probation period.|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Clerical and Technical Support staff Scale E salary structure.|
Reporting to the Senior Library Assistant, the main purpose of the job is to support the delivery of Library Services.
- Issuing and discharging library materials
- Shelving of returned books and journals, as well as checking the order of books and journals on the shelves.
- Processing of newly catalogued books
- Collecting books and journals from a number of library sites and delivering them to the appropriate library site.
- Handling minor inquiries at the counter
- Undertaking copy cataloguing
- Undertaking simple repairs of books and journals
- Assisting in reprographic work maintaining readers and borrowers records.
- Uploading library materials into appropriate databases.
- Preparing books for bindery and reconditioning.
- Operating library computer laboratory.
- Receiving and recording Library charges
- Supervising and appraising staff
Education and Qualifications
Applicants must have good communication and customer service skills; well organised and a team player. They should be in possession of a good MSCE or its equivalent with at least 5 credits plus a MALA Certificate. Those with a Diploma in Library and Information Studies and Computer Knowledge will have an added advantage. The applicant must be willing to work odd hours and on shifts.
Method of Application
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 29th March, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.