Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent College of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications to fill the above vacant post at the David Livingstone Memorial Clinic (DLMC)
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing, David Livingstone Memorial Clinic, Lilongwe|
|Type||Fixed term renewable on mutual agreement and subject to performance. The successful candidate will initially be awarded a one-year contract|
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or its equivalent from any recognized institution, with at least 1-year work experience post internship experience. The applicant must also be registered with the Medical Council of Malawi
To undertake their clinical responsibilities and to conduct themselves in all matters relating to their employment, in accordance with the best practice and relevant ethical and professional standards and guidelines as determined by the Medical Council of Malawi.
- Conducting proper Clinical Assessment of Patients and manage them accordingly
- To ensure the highest standards of patient care for all patients/clients attending the clinic.
- Day to day management of Patients.
- Attending to referred cases from other members of the team.
- Mentorship and supervision of other members of the team.
- Taking part in drafting annual budgets and work plans in collaboration with other departments for smooth running of the clinics.
- Ensuring timely, appropriate and smooth referral of cases for specialists’ attention and seek feedback.
- Ensure that there are detailed notes in medical records including proper documentation
- Report writing
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include a Curriculum Vitae and two traceable referees with their phone numbers and emails addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, Private Bag 1, Lilongwe or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is September 18, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.