Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post:
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing’s David Livingstone Memorial Clinic (DLMC) at Lilongwe campus.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Academic and Administrative staff Grade 8 salary structure.|
Reporting to the Registrar, the Medical Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conducting Clinical Assessment of Patients and manage them accordingly
- Ensuring the highest standards of patient care for all patients/clients attending the clinic
- Day to day management of Patients
- Attending to referred cases from other members of the clinic team
- Supervision of other members’ of the clinic
- Drafting annual budgets and work plans for the clinic
- Ensuring timely, appropriate and smooth referral of cases for specialists’ attention and seek feedback.
- Ensuring that there are detailed notes in medical records including proper documentation
- Report writing
Education and Qualifications
Applicants must have Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or its equivalent from any recognized institution and be registered with the Medical Council of Malawi. Applicants with vast practice experience as medical doctors are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 29th March, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.