Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post:
|Position||Nursing/Midwifery Skills Laboratory Officer|
|Location||Initially at Kamuzu College of Nursing Blantyre campus but the incumbent maybe posted to KCN Lilongwe campus|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Academic staff salary structure.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract :Normally two years renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of a vacancy and satisfactory performance|
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Nursing Department, the main purpose of the job is to prepare nursing students with basic nursing and Midwifery skills in the skills laboratory
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post:
- Plan and teach nursing and midwifery clinical skills to students
- Orient staff and students to activities of clinical skills laboratory
- Coordinate clinical skills programmes in the college
- Assist clinical skills course coordinators and facilitators in the teaching and assessment of
- Source clinical equipment and supplies including ICT related packages which would enhance teaching across all aspects of clinical skills.
- Enforce adherence to clinical policies
- Keep the laboratory conducive for teaching and learning
- Audit and maintain equipment in skills laboratory
- Strategic planning for the clinical laboratory in liaison with Head of Department and Deans
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Master of Science degree in Nursing and/or Midwifery and
relevant first degrees with credit or distinction from accredited institution of higher learning.
- They must have at least 3 years bedside nursing experience and be registered with the Nurses and
Midwives Council of Malawi.
Those meeting the above requirements and have teaching experience at an accredited institution of higher learning will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should
submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th January, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be
contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.