|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing’s David Livingstone Memorial Clinic (DLMC), Lilongwe.|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Clerical and Technical Support staff Scale G salary structure|
|Type||Two year fixed term, renewable on mutual agreement subject to satisfactory performance.|
Reporting to the Clinician and Clinic Administrator the main purpose of the job is to provide pharmaceutical services to the Clinic.
- Dispensing of drugs
- Making requisition on pharmaceutical supplies and equipment
- Managing drugs in the pharmacy, bulk store by observing classification, categorization, temperature requirements
- Record keeping
- Ensuring compliance to Pharmacy, Medicines and Poisons Board’s requirements on drug management, expiry, disposal
- Ensure that both the pharmacy and bulk drug store is clean
- Liaising with key stakeholders with regards to medical supplies and drugs and give routine reports
- Verification of pharmaceuticals and equipment on receipt
- Initiating controls in liaison with the Head of Clinical Services and Administrator
- Making timely requisitions of supplies
- Training Nurses and Clinicians in drug management
- Ensuring use and availability of SOPs
- Producing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
Education and Qualifications
Applicants must have relevant Diploma plus three years post-qualification experience in a pharmacy.
Method of Application
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe.
Closing date for receiving applications is 31st October, 2017. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer