Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post
|Location||Initially at Kamuzu College of Nursing, Blantyre campus but the incumbent maybe posted to any of Kamuzu College of Nursing campuses in Lilongwe or Blantyre|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Academic staff salary structure.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract :Normally two years renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of a vacancy and satisfactory performance|
Reporting to the Head of Department, the main purpose of the job is enhance students’ practical experience in Nursing and Midwifery
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post:
- Providing continuity of direct instruction and supervision of students consistent with the student’s learning needs, course objectives and program outcomes.
- Supporting students’ practice and growth with clinical inquiry and reflective practice.
- Demonstrating Nursing skills as outlined in the course outline
- Assessing students’ clinical performance and providing feedback to the faculty regarding the student’s learning needs and performance.
- Drafting students clinical schedule in liaison with course coordinators
- Liaising with the Lecturers on additional or alternative learning activities consistent with the student’s and course outcomes.
- Orienting stakeholders at the clinical site on the roles, capabilities and learning needs of the students.
- Notifying Lecturers or Hospital Matron or Nurse-in-Charge of any concerns regarding students’ or clients’ safety and well-being.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and Midwifery plus at least three years
practical experience as a bedside nurse and/or midwife in a hospital setting and be registered
with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1l Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th January, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be
contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.