Kamuzu College of Nursing (KCN) a constituent college of the University of Malawi in collaboration with the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is conducting a 5-year Group Antenatal Care research project in Blantyre, Malawi, with funding from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute for Nursing Research.
To facilitate the execution of the research, the project is seeking to engage the services of Project Nurse Midwife as follows:
|Position||Project Nurse Midwife|
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing, Blantyre campus. The incumbent will be required to travel between project sites in the Southern Region of Malawi.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance. Initially the successful candidate will be awarded a one-year contract.|
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the main purpose of the job is to provide research activities’ support for the project to achieve its goals.
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post:
- Facilitating planning and implementation of project activities in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Supporting project site nurse midwives during planning and implementation of project activities.
- Orienting data clerks and other research staff on project activities.
- Compiling project data and information in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Report to the Project Coordinator issues pertaining to the project activities.
- Collaborating with team members in ensuring smooth implementation of project
- Be Nurse Midwife Technician
- Be holders of a Diploma in Nursing
- Be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- Have at least 2 years of experience in maternal and neonatal care
- Have good communication skills
- Be experienced in working on projects
- Be computer literate and
- Have interest in research work.
Method of Application
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, Private Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is November 29, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.