Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post:
|Position||Security Liaison Officer|
|Location||Initially at Kamuzu College of Nursing Blantyre campus but the incumbent maybe posted to KCN Lilongwe campus|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Clerical and Technical Support (CTS) staff salary structure.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract :Normally two years renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of a vacancy and satisfactory performance|
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar (Administration), the main purpose of the job is to coordinate all security related matters.
- Patrolling grounds and facilities to ensure that they are all manned
- Identifying security risks and preparing reports
- Managing the conduct and discipline of all security personnel
- Advising staff and students on security and safety issues
- Investigating all cases of theft and security threats
- Enforcing college security and escorting staff, students and visitors when necessary
- Supervising and appraising staff
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must have;
- A relevant security related certificate
- A Diploma in Administration or related field and must have at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Candidates must be physically fit for the job.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th January, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.