Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post
|Position||Skills Laboratory Nursing Officer|
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing campuses in Lilongwe and Blantyre|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Academic staff salary structure|
|Type||Fixed term contract as per UNIMA conditions of service regulating the engagement for academic members of staff|
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Nursing Department, the main purpose of the job is to prepare Nursing students with basic nursing skills in the skills laboratory.
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post
- Plan and teach nursing and midwifery clinical skills to students.
- Orient staff and students to activities of clinical skills laboratory.
- Coordinate clinical skills programmes in the college.
- Assist clinical skills course coordinators and facilitators in the teaching and assessment of students.
- Source clinical equipment and supplies including ICT related packages which would enhance teaching across all aspects of clinical skills.
- Enforce adherence to clinical policies.
- Keep the laboratory conducive for teaching and learning.
- Audit and maintain equipment in skills laboratory.
- Strategic planning for the clinical laboratory in liaison with Head of Department and Deans
Education and Requirements
Applicants must have a minimum of a Master of Science degree in Nursing and/or Midwifery, with at least 3 years bedside nursing experience and be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi. Those with higher education institute teaching experience shall have an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to:
Kamuzu College of Nursing
Closing date for receiving applications is 31st October, 2017. Only shortlisted applicants shall be
contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.