|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing, Blantyre Campuses|
|Type||Fixed term renewable on mutual agreement and subject to performance. The successful candidate will initially be awarded a one-year contract|
Education and Qualifications
Applicants must have a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery or Diploma in Nursing plus a University Certificate in Midwifery, from a recognized institution; be registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi and they must have at least three years’ bedside experience.
To facilitate the support of student welfare on campus and in the residences and provide good and safe nursing services.
Student Liaison 70%
- Ensure that College Facilities such as hostels, washrooms and laundry, classrooms and corridors are properly cleaned and maintained
- Attending to students’ welfare matters on a day to day basis in liaison with the Wardens and Dean of Students
- Ensuring that students are adhering to accommodation rules and regulations
- Allocation of rooms to students
- Facilitating payment of accommodation fees
- Providing periodic report of performance in the areas of facilities and student welfare
Nursing Services 30%
- Administering basic medical care to students and staff
- Providing Nursing care to students and staff
- Preparing and caring of Nursing equipment
- Budgeting and requisitioning for drugs and supplies
- Preparing sickness and incident reports
- Producing reports to designated offices
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include a Curriculum Vitae and two traceable referees with their phone numbers and emails addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, Private Bag 1, Lilongwe or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is September 18, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.