Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post:
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing, Blantyre or Lilongwe campuses|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, clerical, technical and support staff salary structure.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract :Normally two years renewable on mutual agreement subject to availability of a vacancy and satisfactory performance|
To provide students’ welfare support services in the Halls of Residents
The following are some of the key responsibilities of the post:
- Providing welfare support for students who may be experiencing personal problems or difficulties in some cases referring them to professional support services within the University like student counselling, chaplain or college clinic.
- Providing support at social events organised by the Students Union
- Encouraging social activities to support the development of a sense of community within the residence
- Keeping the residential environment safe and habitable as specified in the residential disciplinary regulations.
- Facilitating security and safety orientation of students such as fire and other emergency drills.
- Overseeing the allocation of students in the halls of residence
- Enforcing University's policy on residences
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must have at least a Diploma in House Keeping and Hospitality Management or related fields.
- In addition to their qualification, candidates must have good communication and interpersonal skills; be mature to handle students; be open to diversity and be interested in extra curriculum activities like sports and other recreation activities. Those with some similar experience working at an institution of higher learning will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae with two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th January, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be
contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.