Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent college of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post:
|Location||Kamuzu College of Nursing’s David Livingstone Memorial Clinic (DLMC) at Lilongwe campus.|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary||Within the University of Malawi, Clerical and Technical Support staff Scale F salary structure.|
Reporting to the Medical Officer, the main purpose of the job is to provide nursing and midwifery services to clients of the clinic.
- Administering treatment to patients
- Providing nursing care to clients
- Providing holistic midwifery services to clients
- Adhering to precaution standards of infection prevention
- Making preparation and caring of equipment
- Presenting health tips and talks to patients
- Analyzing and disseminating information to stakeholders
- Providing health training and feedback to clients
- Preparing duty roster
- Supervising junior team members
- Recording management
- Report writing
- Monitoring indicators using HMIS tools and guidelines among others.
Education and Qualifications
Applicants must have a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery or Diploma in Nursing plus a University Certificate in Midwifery, from a recognized institution; be registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi and they must have at least three years bedside experience. Those with Bachelor’s degrees need not apply.
Method of Application
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae that includes two traceable referees with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to: The Registrar, Kamuzu College of Nursing, P/Bag 1, Lilongwe
Closing date for receiving applications is 29th March, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. University of Malawi is an equal opportunity employer.